A new app that I built with together with the digital agency involved has just been released into the play store:
The Accor Hotels & Resorts Asia Pacific Directory provides up-to-date information and imagery of over 570 Accor properties across the Asia Pacific region. It is the perfect tool for travel and tourism conferences, for hotel presentations, or for simply exploring the unique network of Accor properties in the region, for business and leisure, from luxury to economy.
– Discover over 570 properties listed by destination or brand
– View property descriptions, contact details, amenities and business events information
– Browse a gallery of multiple full-screen images for every property
– Explore Accor’s Asia Pacific Brands and Loyalty programs
– Add regularly viewed content to your favourites for easy access
– View properties on an interactive map
– Enjoy automatic content updates as properties join the network
– Download image galleries for offline viewing
Accor directory is an Android conversion of an existing iOS app created by involved. Involved have been great to work with and everybody is very pleased with the final result. Paul Prickett the Director of Involved says:
Involved engaged Luke Sleeman to port our existing iOS app for Accor Hotels Group to the Android platform. This was our first collaboration with Luke, and from the very outset it was evident that he was the perfect choice. Some great discussions and workshops upfront to plan the approach were critical; as opposed to quickly smashing together a copycat App that would suffice, Luke took every opportunity to question the user experience on this specific platform, and used his extensive experience to craft an Android variant of the App that we are all proud of. Every decision was inclusive, thoughtful and carefully considered to build the best result possible for the end user.
We’re very happy with the result, our client is over the moon, and Luke made it all so easy. And he’s a super great bloke too! I can’t recommend Luke highly enough, and we’re planning to engage his services and experience again very soon.
I have produced a blog post and delivered a presentation to the Melbourne Android Users Group, detailing the design process that we followed adapting the iOS version of Accor Directory to Android.